The Green Tourism Business Scheme
GREEN TOURISM - INTRODUCTION
Green Tourism is relevant to all tourism enterprises of any size and location. Whichever form of tourism it applies to, Green Tourism businesses are actively involved in reducing the things that contribute to a negative environment.
How sustainable tourism works for everyone
With the help of GTBS (the Green Tourism Business Scheme), we can support a more sustainable tourist environment.
- Benefit our environment by saving resources
- Cuts down waste
- Reduces costs by being more efficient and raising staff awareness
- Satisfies the customers’ expectations of a business to look after its environment
- Brings in new customers
- Improves your image to the public
- Heightens the customers’ experience
- Provides better quality for the services you offer
- Helps the local community
- Benefits the local economy
- Cuts down pollution and congestion
- Enhances natural surroundings
By giving your custom to a Green Tourism Business Scheme business, you will be guaranteed…
That the business:
- Will be committed to Green Tourism and protecting the environment
- Will be working with the appropriate environmental regulations
That the site:
- Will meet the minimum standards of practice over a variety of sustainable indicators for development.
- Will have been audited by a professional to make sure that standards are being maintained.
- Will be committed to giving a reasonable quality of service at least (between 1 and 5 stars)
That we will:
- Check our site every two or three years in accordance with the regularly updated standards for sustainable development.
- Look into any complaints given to us about the environmental commitment or performance of our business.